Have you ever heard of people drinking iced tea during winter? It may come as an odd preference for many, but it is quite a popular beverage. There are many iced tea recipes out there that would make your winter days enjoyable, however, we will be taking a popular holiday recipe; an orange pomegranate iced tea. Without further ado, let’s get started with the ingredients and how you can make it at home!
Winter Orange Pomegranate Iced Tea Ingredients (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups fresh spring water
- 1 orange (sliced into quarter-inch slices)
- 3 inches broken cinnamon sticks
- 6 cloves
- 4 teabags from Zesta ORANGE FLAVOURED BLACK TEA – 25 TEABAGS
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar (or to your liking)
- 12 orange wedges
- 6 lime wedges
- Wooden skewers
- Ice cubes
- Combine the water, orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and the cloves to one saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove from heat, add the orange flavoured teabags, and let it steep for around 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and strain the tea mixture into a fine-mesh strainer.
- Remove the cinnamon, cloves and orange slices from the mixture.
- Combine the tea mixture with fresh orange juice, pomegranate juice, sugar to your liking, and stir till it dissolves.
- Cover the mixture and put in fridge for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- When serving, serve the chilled tea mixture in tall glasses with ice cubes in them.
- Place 2 orange wedges and a lime wedge on skewers for each glass.
Voila! Your orange pomegranate flavoured iced tea is ready to be consumed. The ideal time to have such a great flavourful beverage is when you are having guests over at your place to enjoy the festivities. It is sure to bring joy and happiness to anyone who drinks it.
Best Time for Consumption
This variant of flavoured iced black tea is a great beverage you can have throughout the day, however, the ideal time to have it is during the morning and evening hours. Moreover, this tea is perfect for corporate and private gatherings.
Health Benefits of Iced Black Tea
Regardless of the season you consume the beverage, iced black tea such as the one mentioned above has several health benefits. Some of them are:
- Helps in maintaining a healthy metabolic rate.
- Prevents the growth of harmful bacteria in the guts, thus enabling a healthy digestive system.
- Assists the body in maintaining a healthy blood circulatory system, which in turn, helps in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Tea is known to control blood sugar levels (Only if you consume without sugar).
- The beverage is also known for having amino acids that can boost the mind and mood of an individual.
- Tea is also known to aid in weight loss, due to the low calories in the beverage.
In a traditional sense, iced tea may not be a norm during the winter months, however, with its health benefits and flavourful notes that would complement any hearty meal at a gathering